How to Tell If Your Home Needs a New Roof
Many times a homeowner will call us worried that their leaky or worn roof is beyond repair and must be replaced. In many cases, an inspection by one of our roofing professionals will reveal that, with a little attention and care, the roof can be saved and repaired, extending its service life for a few more years.
But in some instances we’ll inspect a roof and determine that there is too much damage, or the wear and tear has taken too great a toll to recover. Some of the signs of a roof that may be beyond repair are:
- Multiple penetrations of the roof deck, or larger holes in the roof
- Excessive loss of granules from asphalt shingles (they collect in the gutters)
- Missing, curling or cracked shingles or tiles
- Cracked, split or missing wood shingles or shakes
- Excessive rust or “rust through” on a metal roof
- Growth of mold or algae over a wide area of the roof
- Missing, loose or leaking gutters
- Streaking along the exterior walls of the home, indicating gutter failure
- Soft spots on the roof decking, indicating moisture has penetrated beneath the underlayment
- Dark spots or staining on the underside of the roof deck (visible from the attic)
- Loose or missing flashing around chimneys or vents
The only way to be certain if your roof needs to be replaced or can be adequately repaired is to have it professionally inspected by Affordable Roofing. We’re the roofing contractors Tampa trusts for an honest assessment of the condition of your roof and straightforward recommendation for repair or replacement.
Don’t wait until it is too late. Call Affordable Roofing today to find out if your roof can be repaired and restored, or if replacement is your best option.
GET A FREE ESTIMATE FOR ROOFING TAMPA AREA HOMES
Trust the roofing contractors Tampa homeowners rely on for quality, service and value. Call Affordable Roofing today at (813) 400-2515 to schedule a FREE roof checkup and estimate.